Spherion, in partnership with Exact Sciences, is recruiting Clinical Lab Scientists to join their team dedicated to the eradication of cancer. In this role, you will perform analysis of incoming clinical specimens maintaining a high degree of quality and compliance with laboratory policies and procedures.
Please review the responsibilities, education requirements, and other qualifications below and submit an application today!
Details & Perks:
- Temporary role, approximately 6 months in duration
- $25 base pay plus shift differentials
- 4 weeks of mandatory training: Monday- Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Badger Rd, Madison, WI
- Forward Dr, Madison, WI
- Available Shifts:
- Weekend mornings, Saturday-Monday 6:00 am-6:30 pm
- 2nd shift, Tuesday-Friday 12:30 pm- 11:00 pm
- 3rd shift, Tuesday-Friday 8:00 pm- 6:30 am
- Following laboratory standard operating procedures, perform moderate to highly complex testing and analysis of clinical specimens
- Perform, review, and document quality control procedures with a high degree of accuracy
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
- Prepare reagents required for laboratory testing
- Identify and troubleshoot basic problems that adversely affect test performance
- Maintain a sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations
- Maintain impeccable quality, identify issues that might adversely impact quality, and communicate concerns to the appropriate manager
- Manage daily test processing needs along with project needs in a high-quality, efficient, and effective manner.
- Participate in quality assurance and inspection preparation activities
- Meet productivity and TAT expectations
- Participate in testing and validation of new laboratory equipment and procedures, as needed
- Review, interpret, and approve patient results as needed
- Required: Associate degree in a laboratory science (chemical or biological science) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience as defined: 60 semester hours or equivalent from an accredited institution that, at a minimum, includes either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses, OR 24 semester hours of science courses that include 6 semester hours of chemistry, 6 semester hours of biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution: For degrees not listed, 90 semester hours which must include 16 semester hours in chemistry (6 of which must in inorganic chemistry), 16 semester hours in biology, and 3 semester hours of math
- Experience in molecular testing desired
- At least 18 years of age and able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- A high degree of confidentiality as you will be working with patient medical information
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive, professional demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to change
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to perform technical work up to 95% of a typical working day and administrative work up to 5% of a typical working day
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motions including the ability to grasp with both hands, pinch with thumb and forefinger, turn with hand/arm, and reach above shoulder height
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment as you may be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens, blood or blood products, instruments
with moving parts, lasers, heating and freezing elements, and high-speed centrifugation
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.