Spherion is seeking a temp to hire, full-time CNC Machine Operator for a Machine Shop in Houma
Shift: Monday-Friday (7a-5p) and every other Saturday 1/2 day
The Machine Operator is responsible for machining parts to specification, setting up and
operating CNC Mills and/or Lathes to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts, maintaining quality and safety standards, checking each part and recording their measurements, maintaining traceability on the product and
documentation, and performing preventative maintenance and service on machines and
equipment. Machine Operators will also regulate machining factors like speed, feed,
coolant flow, depth and angle of cut. Will enter commands, retrieve, input, and edit
CNC media, detect errors and make adjustments as necessary. Machine Operators
assist in general housekeeping and making suggestions for improvement of machining,
quality, and safety processes.
* Manufactures product to customer and industry standards and specifications.
* Applies traceability, performs 100% inspection & documentation, and utilizes prevention/detection methods for every manufacturing task.
* Inspects MTE's for accuracy prior to each shift and as necessary when maintaining close tolerances or any event such as rough handling raises
* Confers with the Programmer, Manufacturing Manager, and the Lead Machinist in determining the kind of tooling and equipment needed to do a job
* Ensures preparations are made prior to starting set-up operations on the next job.
* Observes and monitors gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure the machine is working properly.
* Fits and assembles parts to make or repair machine tools.
* Performs routine maintenance and inspections on machines and equipment.
* Assist in the design of fixtures and tooling to meet special needs.
* Performs set-up and operation of metalworking and cutting equipment.
* Effectively communicates with management, providing updates on run times, scheduling, and all machine related activities.
* Inspects equipment, structures, tooling, fixtures, processes, and material to determine the cause of errors or other problems and defects.
* Handles and moves objects and materials with forklift and cranes.
* Sets up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, magnets, vices, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, stock pushers; indicating
vices and tramming heads.
* .Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
G-Code machining experience a plus
No Degree Required
Machine Shop experience
Apply now or call our office for more information @504-455-6565
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.