Spherion Mid Ohio, in partnership with The JM Smucker Company, is seeking a Coffee Pilot Plant Research Lab Assistant to assist the Smucker R&D team in Orrville, Ohio. This is a 6 month contract position with opportunity for permanent hire. This position offers a fantastic opportunity to gain experience and long-term employment within a Fortune 500 organization!
This individual will operate and clean coffee production machinery and equipment while also collecting and documenting testing samples.
- Wet and dry cleaning/sanitation of all coffee production equipment, machinery, parts, utensils, buckets, floors, and shelves
- Analytical testing (color, moisture, etc) – pull samples, operate lab grinder, complete testing, and record data
- Feed, load, and assist in machine operation
- Operate canning machinery – label cans and cases, assemble, pack, and seal cases
- Dock duties - pallet jack operation, shipping paperwork, and documentation
- Sort mail and contact Coffee R&D mail recipients, transfer mail to adjacent storage rack
- Assist with cleaning and removal of expired inventory in controlled temperature rooms
- Data entry and cleaning documentation
- HS Diploma is required
- Willing and helpful attitude to help and support team members
- Ability to work independently and identify upcoming tasks
- Time management skills
- Willingness to do physical work
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Mechanical aptitude, comfortable assembling and working with machinery and lab equipment
- Basic computer skills: basic Excel knowledge, comfortable with data entry, documentation, entering testing sample information
Pay: $19/hr (approximately $39,520 annually)
Hours for this position are 7:30am-4:00pm, Monday – Friday. This position is full time (40 hours/week) within a team-oriented work environment. This position will work 100% on-site at the Smucker Company campus in Orrville, Ohio.