School Specialty, in partnership with Spherion Mid-Ohio, is seeking Care Experience Representatives to build positive customer service experiences via phone and written communication.
School Specialty is the largest school supply and furniture distributor in the country - providing more than 90% of the country's schools with supplies and furniture. These positions are full time and temp-to-hire after 480 hours worked.
The Care Experience Representative will serve as the first line of contact for customers or sales representatives' inquiries via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail. This individual will be responsible for building positive customer experiences.The Care Representative will receive, investigate, process, and respond to customer inquiries in a professional and timely manner. This position will report to a Customer Care Supervisor.
- Serves as first line of contact for inquiries via phone, fax, internet, or mail regarding orders, returns, and shipments
- Responds to customer inquiries and follows through to completion accurately and within customer timeframe
- Receives and processes customer requests for order processing, documents, status of orders, cancelations, catalog requests and suppressions, and general product inquiries- Performs efficient and accurate data entry and order entry
- Diffuses difficult customer situations in a professional manner
- Develops customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty departments and vendors to assure customer's expectations are exceeded
- Partners with the sales team and solicits sales of new or additional educational products or services where applicable
- Other duties as assigned or required
- One to three years customer service-related experience
- One year data entry and keyboarding experience
- Ability to accurately and quickly key large volumes of alpha/numeric data
- Ability to perform business math functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent and professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to resolve discrepancies
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time sensitive tasks
- Attention to detail
$18/hour (approximately $37,440 annually)
Education: High school diploma is required
Schedule/Location: This position is full time, 40 hours per week, with an 8 hour shift scheduled between 8am-6pm. This position will work 100% on-site at School Specialty's Mansfield office campus.
Apply now to learn more about Spherion's career-building opportunities with School Specialty. There is potential for permanent hire for the right candidate.