Spherion Mid Ohio, in partnership with The JM Smucker Company, is a seeking a Deduction Resolution Specialist. This is a contract position that will support the Smucker Financial Services division in Orrville, Ohio. There is opportunity for permanent hire for the right candidate. This position offers a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a Fortune 500 organization.
This position will identify and resolve all types of deductions, including credits, in a timely and efficient manner. This individual should have strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to minimize deduction issues and improve accuracy.
- Research, analyze, and resolve deductions on customer payments while adhering to established processes to ensure coding, reporting, and financial impact accuracy
- Accountable for driving results with brokers, sales, and sales support on pre-determined deduction metrics
- Provide timely follow up with customers on invalid deductions and takes the lead on driving collaboration of key accounting and finance decisions
- Provide insight to Supply Chain partners to support cost savings and avoidance opportunities, along with support of scorecard adherence
- Responsible for idea generation, maintenance, and utilization of department tools and dashboards to identify customer payment trends and opportunities through data analysis
- Build strong relationships with internal and external partners to drive customer behavior improvements
- Manage a combination of daily responsibilities and special projects to support current business activities and needs
- Bachelor's Degree required. Business, finance, or supply chain degree is preferred- 1-3 years deduction management/Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel, including V-lookup, pivot table, and formulas
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills needed in managing complex business situations and achieving objectives
- Data analysis
- Effective interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to build relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to organize information and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines in time sensitive situations.
- Data visualization tool experience a plus (Spotfire, Tableau)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Education: Bachelor's degree is required. Business, finance, or supply chain degree is preferred.
Pay: $20-22/hour (approximately $41,600-45,760 annually), based on experience
This position offers full time hours (40 hours/week), Monday – Friday, office hours. This position offers a hybrid work schedule. You will have the opportunity to work a combination of days remotely and in the office at the Smucker Orrville campus, most likely 75% remote and 25% in the office.
Apply now to learn more about Spherion's unique, career building opportunities with the JM Smucker Company. There is opportunity for permanent hire for the right candidate.