- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Test drive vehicle to verify performance, adjust controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintain vehicle appearance, cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance, calling for repairs.
- Contains cost by using warranty, evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Able to diagnosis after treatment faults by performing regens.
Working hours: 5:00 AM - 3:00 PM
--Required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time.
--The ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
--Requires close vision, and depth perception, three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
--Must be able to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, talk, and hear.
--Safety glasses and steel boots must be always worn. Auditory and fall protection applicable when required.
--Exposure to inclement weather and loud noise, all work will be performed outside.
-Minimum 2 years of experience with diesel repairs.
- Diesel mechanic certification
- High school diploma or G.E.D
- Limited travel is expected.
- Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge
If you have what we are looking for apply today at https://www.spherion.com/apply/ MUST INCLUDE RESUME WITH AT LEAST 7 YEARS OF WORK HISTORY
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.