Spherion is hiring for Dock Associates in Whitestown, IN.
Shift is Monday - Friday 3pm - 11:30pm (if the work is not done by 11:30p employees are expected to stay)
Pay is $17/HR
The dock associate is responsible for physically unloading and loading trucks while maintaining a high level of organization during a specified shift to ensure freight is properly loaded and unloaded to facilitate on-time, error-free deliveries.
1. Has a positive attitude and provides courteous, friendly service to all internal team member and external customers, by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries and requests.
2. Knowledge of warehouse layout to access products and warehouse contents in efficient and timely manner.
3. Loads and unload freight using suitable material ? handling equipment safely and efficiently. Utilize RF scanner to allow package tracking to ensure on time, error free delivery.
4. Maintain accuracy when sorting out packages based on customer and delivery routes.
5. Safeguard cross dock operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols.
6. Ensures dock areas are clean and free of debris to prevent accidents and injuries.
7. Conducts daily inspections, ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, local and internal laws, regulations, and policies.
8. Collaborate with other warehouse team members throughout dock to ensure continuously improving best practices and optimization of freight related arrangements.
9. Protects company assets and confidential information in accordance with company policies and procedures. Including, but not limited to, candidates, team members, customers, vendors, and proprietary company information. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working hours: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
1. Superior verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels.
2. Detailed orientated.
4. Team player.
1. Lift 50lbs consistently throughout shift
2. Able to work over 11:30p if needed
3. HS Diploma or GED Required
Apply Today! Once you apply, call or text 317-870-5555 to get started.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.