Spherion, in partnership with our State of Wisconsin Client, is recruiting an Eligibility Specialist.
This role is fully remote- open to WI residents ONLY. A benefits package is offered which includes health, dental, and vision coverage, PTO, and paid holidays!
Under the general supervision of the Bureau of Children’s Services (BCS) Program Access & Intake Section Manager and the Access & Eligibility Coordinator, the Eligibility Specialist will respond to inquiries from families interested in applying for Katie Beckett Medicaid. You will be responsible for all intake and eligibility activities including the functional screen, application, and re-certification.
- Consult with staff and families regarding eligibility requirements and related procedures for the program
- Collect information regarding potential children’s long-term support program applicants, make functional screen visits to meet with the child and parents to assess the child’s level of functioning, verify any required documents, assist families with the completion of applications/re-certification paperwork, answer questions about programs the family wishes to apply for, and refer families to community agencies if required
- Complete a web-based Children’s Long-Term Support Functional Screen for each child following established protocol and deadlines
- Gather and review health records related to eligibility requirements
- Perform clear, timely communication and reporting
- Maintain organized, current records of child /family information, contacts, and monthly statistics
- Participate in assigned committees/task forces/special projects and attend in-services and educational programs to maintain and enhance professional expertise
- Participate in meetings to enhance and improve practice
- A Bachelor's Degree in a human services-related field and at least two years of experience working with children who have disabilities and/or complex medical needs, their families, and support systems OR an Associate Degree in a human services-related field and five years of relevant experience
- A valid driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and the ability to provide proof of vehicle insurance required
- Excellent computer proficiency required
- Ability to evaluate and analyze complex needs of children including medical, emotional, developmental, and financial, and complete required state protocols
- Ability to understand the needs of the neonatal, infant, toddler, pre-school, school-age, and adolescent patients in regard to their growth and development process
- Knowledge or ability to develop knowledge of support and service resources for the designated service region
- Home visiting experience and experience with the Children’s Long-Term Support Functional Screen are strongly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate to people with varying socioeconomic classes
- Strong attention to detail, timelines, organizational skills, and established practice standards
- Ability to be flexible with your schedule to accommodate availability for functional screen visits
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.