Spherion is hiring a 1st Shift Engineering Coordinator in Berne, IN.
Salary is $45,000
Support the daily operations within the Engineering department ensuring efficient use of manufacturing equipment and high quality finished parts. Comply with all company safety, quality and environmental standards.
1. Assist with layout of equipment/machines, resolve design problems, plan sequence of assembly, and the effective use of floor space.
2. Assist with and instruct associates regarding setup, operation and maintenance of equipment/machines.
3. Install electrical and electromechanical components and systems, using hand tools, electrical testing instruments and wiring diagrams.
4. Troubleshoot equipment/machine malfunctions, utilizing mechanical, hydraulic and electrical knowledge.
5. Install safety devices on equipment/machines.
6. Adhere to machine/equipment preventative maintenance plans
7. Comply with departmental continuous improvement activities (product quality, production efficiencies, scrap, downtime, etc.)
8. Promote and ensure conformance to the company?s IATF 16949 procedures (work standards, regulations, quality manual)
9. Promote and ensure conformance to the company?s ISO 14001 procedures (recycling, reducing waste)
10. Promote and ensure a safe, clean, harassment free, working environment. Comply with department 5C activities
11. Effectively communicate with management, direct supervisor and associates
12. Additional projects assigned by management
Working hours: Various Shifts Available
Manufacturing environment involving mechanical, hydraulic and electrical
Med, dental, vision, life, 401K) plus tuition reimbursement, PTO, referral program, cell phone discount, gym membership, new vehicle discount, uniforms provided and safety shoe reimbursement
High School Diploma or GED - Required
Degree in Industrial Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.