This role will define the overall technical integration architecture of a program, system, or application, serving as the technical liaison between IT and our business partners. This role will also be accountable for defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions and solution patterns for new and integration Architecture. This role will be responsible for proactively identifying opportunities, conducting technical and solution assessments, cost/benefit evaluations, performance/functionality verification and help broker other IT services.
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Designs, communicate and document the patterns, standards and technologies for the enterprise Infrastructure Architecture.
- Communicates how the Integration Architecture interacts, supports and integrates with other technologies, information systems and support requirements.
- Lead the development, of repeatable Integration technology/information solution patterns for application of appropriate technology to support business requirements.
- Coordinates and oversees architecture implementation and modification of the systems integration's disciplines
- Develops and maintains enterprise integration architecture, perform activities, including conceptual and logical modeling and analysis of complex systems environments, technical infrastructure, and other components of the client technical environment.
- Lead analysis of the current IT environment and future-state capabilities to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for business improvement.
- Partners with business peers to develop and present business capability models and roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Lead analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for integration architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
- Design and construct future- and current-state business models to practically apply new and emerging technologies to drive them.
- Researches and recommends new technologies to achieve improved architectural performance while effectively managing the associated costs of IT operations across the enterprise.
- Keeps abreast of technology, customer needs, and industry-related trends.
- Actively engages in the identification and maintenance of technology standards; this extends to ensuring technical guidance is in alignment with those standards and any exceptions are reviewed.
- Escalates technical issues to senior leadership as needed along with insight on recommended resolutions.
- Guides to the technical team and promotes continuous improvement to help the technical team increase productivity and foster innovation.
- Encourages open lines of communication between all team members; facilitates discussions and resolves conflicts accordingly.
- Mentors senior technical staff and provides support as an escalation point for critical technical issues.
- Completes other duties, including special projects, as assigned by Management.
- Previous experience as a collaborative technical leader preferred
- Previous experience with developing solution architecture and conceptual and logical system design for large-scale programs and projects preferred
- Knowledge of global business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
- Experience with Integration and migration (Datacenter, Azure, AWS, Oracle, SAP), Services, and Business Process Management for global solutions
- Expertise in development of integration processes
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of study
- Certified as appropriate, in the discipline of practice (Data, Infrastructure, Network, Security, Solutions or Application). Examples include:
- Microsoft Certified Architect or Open Group IT Architect Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.)
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models
- Strong/effective problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, and other MS Office suite applications
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the assigned team
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to research and resolve issues
- Ability to document the architectural conclusion using technical specification notations, including Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Ability to improve team maturity levels in understanding process and improving productivity
- Ability to build a trusting and safe environment
- Excellent time management skills; ability to multi-task and track multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent mentoring skills
- Ability to work both independent of immediate supervision and in a team environment
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of intra-department functions and operations
- Ability to perform repeated bending, standing and reaching
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.