We are looking for a hardworking and detail-oriented Material Handler to join our team. As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for moving materials and products throughout our facility. You will play a critical role in ensuring that our warehouse and production departments have the necessary materials and tools to carry out their day-to-day operations.
7:00AM - 7:30PM
7:00PM - 7:30AM
- Move product to and from trucks, racks, and other locations as assigned
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of quality, service, and cost objectives, while complying with all standard operating procedures and requirements
- Uses portable computer terminal and laser scanning device, accurately record product movements by item number, lot code, location, and/or truck number
- Accurately completes manual recording (written record) of product movement as an alternative to PC based records during system outages and for ?off-line? transactions
- Accurately completes pre-operation forklift inspection
- Demonstrates support of customers safety initiatives and policies
- Performs required cleaning and sanitation duties to meet Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards
Working hours: 7:00 PM - 7:30 AM
-2 years of experience operating forklifts in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
-Knowledge of food and beverage handling and storage guidelines preferred
-Strong organizational and time-management skills
-Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
-Good verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- The ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language is needed
- Must have the ability to work 12-hour shifts, or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required
- Ideal candidate must be able to move materials weighing up to 50 lbs. 10 feet or more
- 1-2 years experience operating a Sit-down Forklift
The company requires a drug test and background check for this position.
We offer weekly Open Interviews on:
9am - 12pm
Cant make it during those times or you want to skip the wait....
Text us today at 863-667-0800 to schedule an interview!
We are located at:
1925 East Edgewood Drive
Lakeland, Florida 33803
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.