Job Title : Full Stack Developer Department : Programming and Development
Supervisory Role : No Exempt or Non-Exempt : Exempt
Supervisor's Title : VP Programming and Development
Created or Updated On : July 14, 2022
Position Purpose and Objectives:
Work with staff at all levels in the design, maintenance and enhancement of our website, online banking platform, and internal systems for our members and employees. The ideal candidate is a hands-on professional with extensive technical expertise and a strong knowledge of both front-end and back-end systems with experience in mobile app development. Responsible for writing clean, efficient code, and collaborating with other members of the development team in an Agile process to complete projects. Must have the ability to translate our business needs into client-friendly functions that will improve and expand our digital offerings and presence .
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Direct Hire
work hours: 9 to 5
Major Duties and Essential Functions:
- Create well-designed, testable code leveraging best practices for front-end and back-end development using responsive mobile-first design.
- Create / maintain websites and user interfaces while incorporating data from back-end databases and services.
- Design user interactions for the website and work with UI/UX designer and graphic design team to ensure visual design and messaging match global branding.
- Participate in regular SCRUM meetings and collaborate with other development team members as a part of an agile framework.
- Prioritize, review, audit and refactor secure code while also documenting and commenting code clearly and concisely for easier collaboration amongst team members.
- Meet with business stakeholders and management to understand business and functional requirements to create technical specifications / support documentation.
- Work quickly and carefully to complete small edits requested by business owners.
- Work in various integrated systems making data flow bidirectionally through APIs/OAuth connections.
- Ensure software stability via regression, support quality assurance, and perform unit testing to identify bugs and ensure production operations run successfully.
- Based on digital strategy goals, configure and enable tracking and analytic collection.
- Maintain updated knowledge of industry changes in technology.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
- Hands on experience with AWS including S3, Lambda, Sagemaker, EC2 and Amplify.
- Enterprise applications and systems integration experience a plus.
- Experience with version control systems like Git and GitHub, API tooling like Postman, Project Management and Agile tooling like Azure DevOps, JIRA, etc.
- Proven experience working with various REST & SOAP APIs including the creation, deployment, and maintenance of custom REST APIs.
- Database storage solutions like SQL, NoSQL, data warehouses & data lakes.
- Graphic design and visual communications skills, especially working UI/UX designers.
- Google Marketing Cloud - Analytics, Tag Manager, Data Studio and Search & Display Ads.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Understanding of security and data protection.
- Front-end and back-end development best practices and principles and UI/UX best practices and principles familiarity.
- Mobile application development skills desired.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and promote a positive attitude toward teamwork.
- Ability to execute multiple complex projects within required timelines and expectations.
- Knowledge in SDLC / software development methodologies.
- Experience with development operations within a multi-org, multiple workstream environment, Azure DevOps a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end and back-end application development and testing is preferred.
- Knowledge of object-oriented methodologies and approaches; relational databases and data modeling; enterprise systems, CRM, SFA, and ERP.
- Strong consideration given to having experience in the financial industry.
Education:Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.