Are you mechanically inclined and like working in a production environment. If so, we are seeking general assembly machine operators to work on variety of machine tools such as lathes, drills, milling machines, boring machines and grinders to cut, shape and fit parts to fabricate various parts of a firearm.
- Follows all EH&S protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions.
- Selects, positions, and secures tool in tool holder (i.e. chuck, collet, or tool post).
- Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Starts machine, directs coolant or cutting oil flow, and feeds tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Operates bench grinder to sharpen tools.
- Operates machines and equipment other than machine tools.
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools. Measure and mark equipment, objects, or parts to ensure standards are met.
- Ensure that parts are machined to specifications and meets quality guidelines.
- Compile, code, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data.
- Record product and processing data and information on specified forms.
- Ability to follow all processes and procedures
- Basic mechanical or metalworking skills a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of firearms and how they operate.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize power and hand tools, including, but not limited to: drills, lathes, grinders, mills, or other metalworking tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Specialized training in metalworking or manufacturing
- Proven ability to complete tasks in a precise and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Ability to lift/move up to 25 pounds and move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for 10 hours a day
Current schedule is:
- Monday-Thursday, 10 hour shifts (6:30am to 5:00pm)
- Evening shift of Monday-Thursday 10 hour shifts (4:30pm to 3:00am),
- Weekend shift Friday-Sunday 12 hour shifts (5:00am - 5:30pm)
- However shift schedules may vary and require flexibility as demanded by business requirements.
Apply online today at www.spherion.com/apply/75034
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. No one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.