We are hiring a Human Resources Manager for a manufacturing facility in Emporium, PA. This position will last up to 18 months.
Manages the day-to-day activities and strategic support of employee relations programs for a location. Managing employments, placements, orientation and training, labor relations, compensation, benefits, and employee services in the location. Managing teams and assisting the human resources (HR) business unit (BU) Head to oversee organizational HR strategies, processes, and practices. Maintaining good communication and a positive relationship with employees to promote employee satisfaction and ensuring a positive working environment. Providing advice, counseling, and guidance to all levels of management and staff on company policies and procedures.
- Accomplishes Plant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, succession planning, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves Plant HR operational objectives by contributing employee relations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining employee relations system improvements; implementing change.
- Maintains consistent application of employment policies and employee development by reviewing management actions; advising managers; reviewing disciplinary, appraisal, and counseling actions; examining, approving, and monitoring transfer requests.
- Provides management planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing employee relations data and trends.
- Maintains organization positive legal status by reviewing internal actions and external responses; composing, supplying, and maintaining documentation; adhering to government regulations.
- Maintains management and employee handbooks by researching, writing, editing, and distributing new and revised policies and procedures.
- Improves work environment and job satisfaction through exit interviews; meeting with staff; identifying perceived trends and issues; developing recommendations; suggesting new training programs.
- Maintains harmonious work atmosphere by developing employee, labor and management relationships. •Documents actions by completing logs, reports, and records; maintaining critical files.
- Contributes to employee relations and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- All other duties as assigned....