Spherion Mid Ohio, in partnership with The JM Smucker Company, is seeking a contract Human Resources Manager to lead and support plant operations in Orrville, Ohio. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a Fortune 500 company. There is opportunity for potential permanent hire for the right candidate.
- Lead and coordinate workflow among plant HR team
- Perform all recruiting activities for technical and hourly employees, including sourcing, reviewing resumes, screening qualified candidates, and interviewing for skilled manufacturing positions
- Handle site specific and sensitive employee and labor relation issues with employees at the plant, leveraging Employee/Labor Relations for consultation and practices/policies/templates
- Lead and execute HR processes for the site in accordance with company policies: job posting, bidding process, disciplinary process, compliance investigations
- Provide HR advice and counsel to leaders in the operation; assists in developing managers in interpretation and consistent application of people related policies
- Review and interpret people and organizational information for the site and provide advice and support to plant managers and leaders regarding challenges, opportunities or issues
- May assist management in adhering to business objectives and costs by providing data, input, review, analysis, modeling, or other information and support
- Partner with business leaders and hiring managers to ensure accurate understanding of business strategies and hiring needs
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Demonstrate a competent understanding of HR processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements
- At least 4+ years HR functional experience required
- Experience with an HRIS system and other HR enabling technologies
- Experience with Microsoft applications
- Experience working at a manufacturing site preferred
- Experience in a union environment preferred
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships and influence stakeholders across all levels
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Strategic mindset with ability to prioritize and organize workload
Schedule/Location: This position is full time (40 hours/week), with flexible office hours, Monday – Friday. This position will work 100% on-site at the Smucker facility in Orrville, Ohio. This position is a contract role, but there is opportunity for permanent hire for the right candidate.
Compensation: $50/hr (roughly equivalent to $104,000 annually)
Apply now to learn more about Spherion's career-building opportunities with The JM Smucker Company.