Spherion Staffing & Recruiting is recruiting for an Industrial Mechanic for a direct hire opportunity in the Millbury, Massachusetts area. This is first shift position.
Heavy manufacturing environment- Moderate to high temperature fluctuations, and industrial work setting. Employee is required to work standard 8 hour shifts with overtime as legally required. Overtime may be offered from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time
Employee assistance program
Health savings account
Paid time off
Industrial Mechanic Specific Responsibilities:
- Oversee and take part in repairs to machines and components.
- Be a leader by example, mentor, and give consistent feedback.
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop and the surrounding areas.
- Maintain a work order system with integrity and timely responses.
- Improve equipment by implementing new designs or ideas.
- Be familiar with safety protocol (OSHA) for the shop, warehouse, and surrounding areas, reinforce quality standards and safety guidelines with staff.
- Meet as needed to discuss various operations, scheduling and Work-In-Progress topics.
- Meets with management to discuss issues, changes or successes of operations or personnel.
- Help perform or solely perform employee reviews for those under their supervision
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Preferably computer proficient in Microsoft word, excel and email applications.
- Vocational or trade training or schooling
- Prior supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Speak, write, and understand English proficiently
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively throughout the day
- Proficient computer data entry skills
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible maintenance experience with concentration in industrial environments and machinery for Industrial Mechanic
Apply to this Job Posting for immediate consideration. The company offers benefits, competitive pay, and a tremendous opportunity for growth!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.