Spherion Mid Ohio, in partnership with The JM Smucker Company, is seeking a contract Lab Technician within their Orrville Research and Development team. This is a long-term contract role that offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in a Fortune 500 company. There is an opportunity for potential permanent hire for the right candidate.
Position Summary: This position is primarily responsible for sample prep in the Analytical and Materials Sciences group. The Lab Technician will safely grind, blend, or otherwise homogenize pet food samples and label them for use by other analysts. They will also prepare samples for shipping to external labs and run routine/standard lab tests.
- Adhere to all lab safety protocols and procedures
- Correctly prepare samples of pet food products; ensure enough sample has been submitted for the requested tests
- Prepare samples for shipping
- Assist with basic lab tests (weighing, PH, etc)
- Basic housekeeping, cleaning, and sanitation of work area and tools
- Maintain appropriate supplies in work area
- Data entry
- Work and communicate effectively with internal and external teams
- Support the R&D team with additional responsibilities as needed
- Previous lab experience, either in educational or workplace setting
- Knowledge of basic lab safety and protocols
- Knowledge of chemical handling procedures
- Computer proficiency; ability to learn new computer systems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
Education: Bachelor's Degree is preferred. Without a Bachelor's degree, previous lab experience is required.
Compensation:$18.00/hr (approximately $37,440 annually)
Schedule and Location:
This position is full time, 40 hours/week.
Work schedule is approximately 8am-5pm, Monday - Friday, within a team-oriented environment.
This position will work 100% on-site at the Smucker Company campus in Orrville, Ohio.