Spherion, in partnership with Exact Sciences, is recruiting Laboratory Processing Associates (known internally as Specimen Processing Associates or SPAs) to join their passionate,-innovative team. Through the processing of incoming patient samples, the SPA position gives job seekers the opportunity to-play a part in the mission to eliminate cancer.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are looking to gain valuable-laboratory experience, and have excellent attendance, submit your resume today!
- Weekend 1st Shift, Saturday-Monday 6:00 am- 6:30 pm
- 3rd Shift, Tuesday-Friday 8:00 pm- 6:30 am
Details & Perks:
- Temporary role, approximately 6 months in duration
- $20 base pay plus shift differentials
- 2 weeks of mandatory training: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Locations: Badger Rd, Madison, WI, and Forward Dr, Madison, WI
- Conduct all duties in a timely and accurate manner, follow proper specimen identification procedures, and comply with established laboratory safety policies and procedures
- Receive, handle, and process laboratory specimens
- Ensure the timely removal of processing waste from the laboratory to applicable disposal locations
- Assist in specimen storage management and retention
- Perform inventory maintenance, supply stocking, and laboratory cleaning
- Perform basic maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Reach production standards within 60 days of the training completion date
- Regular and reliable attendance
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 18 years of age and able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Computer proficiency including skills in internet navigation, email usage, and word processing
- Strong attention to detail, professional communication skills, problem-solving skills, and organizational skills
- Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in a laboratory or similar environment maintaining sample integrity, following procedures and protocols, and conducting sample handling/collection preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs as needed
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment as you may be exposed to hazardous materials, tissue specimens, instruments with moving parts, heating, and freezing elements
- Must be comfortable working with bodily fluids and solids
- Visual acuity to work with small objects and the ability to grasp with both hands to perform repetitive processing motions (pinch with thumb and forefinger, turn with hand/arm, reach above shoulder height)
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.