We're looking for Direct Hire Lifeguards for the Wapak YMCA! Earn up to $15.00 an hour PLUS a free membership.
- To ensure the safety of all swimmers and observers in the pool area, while maintaining a clean and fun environment.
- Be on deck and ready to lifeguard on time.
- Ensure that all swimmers and divers follow pool rules and policies.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Never read or do homework while someone is in the pool.
- Find and secure your own substitute when needed.
- Demonstrate Responsibility, Respect, Caring & Honesty towards members, guests, co-workers, and supervisor.
- Always maintain a clean deck.
- Maintain your physical ability to perform rescues.
- Attend all trainings.
- Ensure storage room is kept clean and equipment is stored properly.
- Put in a take-out lane and safety lines as needed (according to pool schedule) and store properly when not in use.
- Know the pool schedule so the pool can be set up appropriately.
- Read and understand evaluation criteria.
- Perform any unique duties requested, as deemed appropriate, by your supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A YMCA lifeguard must possess and keep current the following certifications at all times: Lifeguarding, Adult/Child/Infant CPR (Professional Rescue or Healthcare Provider), First Aid, Oxygen Administration and AED
- Need to be able to swim and rescue anyone in the water who is struggling to stay afloat
- Will need to pass 30-hour swim test, which is paid for by the YMCA
- This would be perfect for someone in high school or college that lives close to Wapak
- No GED required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Direct Hire opportunities
- Earn between $12.00 - $15.00 an hour
- Free YMCA membership
- Hours start at 5:00 am and end at 10:00 pm and are somewhat flexible
- Dress code: YMCA will provide a lifeguard tank top
- Relaxed work environment
- Restaurants in the lobby (Coffe Amor & Nourish u)
- If working 32+ hours (about 40 out of 50 weeks) – health and vision insurance, 100% of pension paid
We offer ACA compliant health insurance once you start working! For additional details, please ask during your orientation with us!!
Apply today by filling out our online 'Apply Now' application at ApplyOhio.com and then calling the office at (419) 394-6179!...