A Saginaw manufacturer is seeking Assemblers and Machine Operators to join their team! Employees will train on 1st shift for 90 days, 7:00am - 3:30pm ($15.50) then move to 2nd shift 3pm -12:00am ($16.25). Employees must be able to demonstrate perfect attendance within the first 90-days (probationary period). Primary responsibilities include build sub-assembly and/or assembly of finished products according to written procedures. This is a temp-hire opportunity if a reliable attendance record is demonstrated as well as a positive work ethic. There are benefits available at that time including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(k) Retirement plan, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
****Candidates will need to be able to read a ruler to 1/16" as well as to understand adding and subtracting fractions. If applicants are not confident in their abilities in this regard, they are encouraged to review measuring and adding/subtracting fractions videos prior to continuing the employment process, as they will be tested.
- Read and interpret paperwork and diagrams to understand production needs of various pieces of equipment.
- Program and make adjustments to machinery, including press brake machines, to properly process piecework.
- Perform regular quality checks of piece work after processing to ensure high quality standards.
- With the use of various hand and power tools, assemble materials in a quality-conscious manner.
- Must be able to remain on feet for extended periods (excluding breaks and lunch) with regular bending, stooping, twisting, lifting, and carrying up to 40Lbs.
- Ability to read and to follow both written and verbal directives.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Familiarity with various hand tools.
- Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16" is required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to demonstrate a reliable attendance record.
- Must comply with Spherion's Drug Free Workplace Policy and disclose relevant criminal history at the time of hire.
Are you looking for a career in Saginaw? This might be just what you have been looking for if you prefer a 2ND SHIFT!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.