A Saginaw County manufacturer is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic Tech to join their team! Candidates should have previous knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry, or fabrication. Mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting ability are needed as well. Position hours at 7:00am-3:30pm Monday-Friday and starting compensation is negotiable, depending on experience. Medical, dental, and retirement benefits are available. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity as Spherion is only assisting with the recruitment and screening of candidates.
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment, heavy trucks and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld and use cutting torch as required
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test and troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs and discuss with Head Mechanic for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools
- Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry or related field preferred
- High school diploma/equivalent, or comparable in training, education or experience
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
Are you looking for a 1st shift Maintenance Mechanic role? Look no further and apply today!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.