Are you looking for a long-term career at an innovative company with a global reach? As a leading manufacturer of products for the Aerospace Industry, we are always seeking top talent to join our team! An ideal candidate for the Manual Machinist position would have 5 years' experience in a production or job shop environment.
Hours: Days, 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Sets up and operates manual mills, lathes, presses and hand tools
- Check parts to ensure they meet blueprint specifications using proper gauges
- Perform daily point checks on machine and report concerns
- Use proper feed and speed for maximum efficiency
- Deburr as required for work in process
- Interpretation of drawings, sketches, and/or working to set up sheets and verbal instructions
- Performing cutting, turning, drilling, boring, reaming, tapping, and finishing operations where tolerances range from 0.010 to 0.0001 inch
- Setup of machine and fixtures for any of the various operations while working with materials
- Use of scales, calipers, internal and external micrometers, height gauges, surface gauge, etc
Working hours: 6:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Basic math skills
- Use of scales, calipers, internal and external micrometers, height gauges etc.
- Previous Manual Mill and Lathe experience
- Read and interpret blue prints
- Simple trigonometry and/or geometry calculations
- Design, build, modify and rework tooling, fixtures and drill jigs
- High School Diploma/GED
- Four year apprenticeship program. (ie. Tulsa Tech), Preferred
- Must own tools supply for daily tasks (i.e. micrometers, indicators, edge finders, etc.)
- Five years' experience either in a production or job shop environment
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints/engineering drawings and work order instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills ? verbal and written
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.