The Professional Division of Spherion Mid Ohio is partnered with an organization transforming the culture around us through mindfulness and social-emotional learning, one client at a time. This company seeks a strong and collaborative thought leader to join their team as their Marketing Director. T
his position is fully Remote, offers a 30-35 hour work week, and a culture where your opinions & aspirations mean something to leadership!
The salary being offered is up to $54,080.
**This is a DIRECT HIRE position, NEVER go through a temp-to-hire process! If selected, DAY ONE you will be this organization’s employee.**
The Marketing Director will create, oversee, and implement marketing strategies and tactics. They aim to develop effective marketing plans focused on social media, email, public relations, and online marketing. They will be able to think creatively and focus on practical results-driven analysis in an entrepreneurial environment. This role requires the Marketing Director to be independent due to working entirely remotely yet highly collaborative with the team and clients while managing multiple projects with positive results.
Key Position Results:
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy according to budget and objectives.
- Work closely with the President and operations in maintaining consistency and holding to company objectives.
- Effectively lead your direct reports.
- Use processes and terminology in coordination with the processes and terms used by the organization.
- Study our company profile, strategic plan and messaging matrix to understand the marketing needs.
- Conduct market research to identify industry trends and commercial opportunities, when necessary.
- Identify our target market and develop customer personas or mindset scorecards, when needed.
- Prepare detailed proposals and marketing plans.
- Advise on branding, positioning, communications, and other marketing concerns.
- Give direction to marketing efforts with the most effective methods and tools.
- Liaise with Operations, PR & Communications, Sales, Creative and other departments as needed.
- Monitor marketing projects and analyze results to demonstrate ROI.
- Write reports with suggestions for improvements and new ideas.
- Report monthly on KPl’s and other measurables.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, present, and execute a yearly marketing plan with detailed quarterly goals that align with the company's strategic plan and mission.
- Crafting a plan that incorporates the website, improved SEO, automated email marketing, public relations, media relations, social media and other marketing tools and platforms.
- Track projected and actual outcomes of marketing plan quarterly.
- Plan communications, events, sales, promotions at least one quarter prior so the team can adjust workflow.
- Work with the President to determine when consultants are required to execute the marketing plan and oversee when necessary.
- Oversee design and implementation of print and digital collateral.
- Co-Create press releases and other communications, as needed.
- Manage creation of marketing content such as blog posts and social media posts.
- Review company branded email content, letters, and miscellaneous correspondence.
- Coordinate Social Media responses.
- Coordinate and ensure that thank you notes / gifts are sent to clients and contributors in a timely manner.
- Ensure that communications such as email/social media response are sent within 24-48 hours.
- Updating and maintaining the Company Messaging Matrix with Public Relations.
- Set and monitor monthly KPl’s and demonstrate responsiveness, agility, and creativity when necessary to hit KPI objectives.
- Oversee email marketing campaigns to enhance the customer and user experience and strengthen the company relationship with both.
- Coordinate and streamline email communications to At School customers and clients.
- Utilize the Strategic Coach tools.
- Accurately track time and progress on projects.
- Attend meetings and events as needed.
- Create lead magnets and email funnels.
- Suggest the purchase of branded items/marketing materials.
- Oversee Creative and PR/communications consultant.
- Direct advertising campaigns on various platforms.
- Contribute to strategic planning
Critical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience as a marketing consultant or similar role.
- Knowledge of data analysis and market research.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and best practices.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically.
- Apt in writing proposals and reports.
- Communication skills (oral and written).Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Trello, G-suite, Google apps, Active Campaign.
BSc/BA in Marketing, Communications, Business or relevant field; MSc or MA or equivalent will be a plus. Ability to travel, as needed approximately three times a year. Educational marketing background HIGHLY PREFERRED!