Spherion is hiring a Billing Specialist for our client in Washington, PA
This position is responsible for the billing of patient services and performing follow-up on outstanding Accounts Receivable.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Generates clean claims, invoices and patient bills for services provided to all patients based on third-party payer criteria
- Monitors and collects outstanding accounts receivable and performs investigation and follow-up on open balances.
- Reviews Explanation of Benefits/Remittance Advices for correct payment, copays, deductibles and denials.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports monthly to supervisor regarding composition of outstanding accounts receivable, determining collectability and internal and external issues concerning receipt of payment.
- Completes necessary process for adjustments, write-offs, charity care and refunds.
- Contacts Patient Benefit Coordinators, satellite clerical staff, therapists, and insurance companies for correct funding information and patient data.
- Maintains interdepartmental reports for patient accounts and collections.
- Communicates with patients concerning self-pay balances or billing problems.
- Other clerical duties and projects as assigned
One year in Third party billing required as well as spreadsheet software proficiency.
Must posses strong verbal and written skills, computer literacy and problem solving / decision making abilities.
Background checks required as well.
Monday through Friday, 8am -430pm
Pay starting at $16/hr DOE