Imagine Baking in Sandusky needs Mixers! If you love to be around the aroma of fresh baked goods this is a perfect opportunity!
Available Shifts :
Pay Rate :up to $14.75 based on prior experience
Job Description :
Efficient Mixers for the Mixing department will need to blend together all of the necessary dry, wet and refrigerated ingredients to deliver a finished product to the customer that meets their formula specifications.
Individual must be able to work well on a team, operate in a fast-paced environment, while also adhering to SQF, GMP, and HACCP standards, as well general food safety and quality guidelines which will be relayed upon employment.
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s).
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance.
Additional demands may be required.
• Perform pre-shift preparation and ensure that all surfaces that will contact product (piping, utensils, vessels) are sanitized and ready for operation. Properly record data on the batch sheet
• Follow batch sheet without deviation while mixing product. Any deviation must be approved. All deviations recorded on the batch adjustment sheet
• Makes necessary approved adjustments, monitors gauges, equipment and temperatures. Keep records of batches made, ingredients used, and records processing parameters. Supply a product sample, as required, to Quality Control (QC) for testing and approval for packing.
• Complete all paperwork in a timely manner and turn in to appropriate personnel.
• Post operation, housekeeping and closing out a shift properly for the next shift or to sanitation
• Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
• Regular attendance and punctuality is required
• Other duties as assigned
• A very general knowledge of how the mixture or adding of certain ingredients will affect the overall product. Thorough knowledge of what each ingredient will bring to the overall property of the product
• Must be able to read and communicate in the English language in order to accurately select materials per batch sheets, interpret and execute documents such as safety rules and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
• Possess reading and math skills needed to accurately verify quantities of ingredients and to accurately add ingredients to batch
• Neat and legible handwriting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with coworkers, other departments and managers
• Capable of being to be trained and demonstrate safe operation of material handling equipment