The mixing lead/oven operator is a leadership position on the Bakery floor that assumes responsibility for the beginning of the production process.
2nd: 2PM - 12AM (flexible)
Monday - Friday, some Saturdays
Pay Rate: $17-$20
- This individual must maintain streamline communication between Mixing (precooked phase) and packaging (cooked phase) to ensure consistent line flow occurs. The Mixing Lead will oversee the functions of the Line Operator as well as the Mixers to ensure process flow is not compromised and that production goals are regularly met.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and manage Mixers and Operators to ensure quality prct coming downstream.
- Take all proper steps to eliminate downtime and prevent any events that may deviate from the continuous work flow.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of mixing and production sheets.
- Take complete ownership of the bakery area and maintain continuous work, and address any employee needs to Manager.
- Promote and coach a team atmosphere to ensure cohesiveness of a team.
- Maintain strong communication with management team as well as team member on floor.
- Reduce and eliminate as much downtime as possible to ensure quality of product.
- Adhere to Imagine Baking GMP's; including but not limited to hand washing, sanitizing, no food, gum, candy, tobacco, jewelry on the production floor.
- Proper PPE and attire at all times when on the floor; including but not limited to jackets, gloves, and appropriate shoes, dust masks and others that may be required.
- Maintains timeliness during production including facilitating product changeovers.
- Uphold SQF and Food Safety standards; including but not limited to maintaining accuracy of Lot numbers, organized tooling and equipment, and maintaining an overall clean and organized workspace.
- Report ALL quality and safety concerns to manager or member of management team not limited but including; unknown visitors, pest control, expiration, or productivity quality in question, sanitation, etc.
- Good organizational skills.
- Previous food manufacturing is not required but preferred.
- Must be able to adhere to health and safety regulations.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Previous line lead/oven operator experience preferred.
- Adequate with Microsoft Office
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to operate machinery, multi-task, interpret and follow precise instructions.
- Complete tasks promptly and carefully.
- Ability to work quickly and cleanly.
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities.
- Continuously observe and evaluate operations to identify problems and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with FDA, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies while complying with good manufacturing practices.
- Be proficient and accurate in changeover procedures including but not limited to die and line changes, as well as recipe change.
- Interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Is flexible in helping out both in and outside of their department in order to accommodate the continuous growth of the operations.