Network Security Engineer II
We want team members who will take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution, not simply perform tasks as assigned. You will work with, and occasionally act as a subject matter expert (SME) on behalf of our internal customers, to ensure their projects and deployments succeed with appropriate security posture, in a timely manner. You must have a passion for learning new technologies
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- You will be a key player on a team responsible for all aspects of Network Security within our company. You may be a SME in some domains, but are expected to have full professional knowledge of security concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of issues in effective and sometimes creative ways, in all of the following domains. As an advanced engineer, you are expected to do these things with little technical direction and with only general guidance on new assignments:
- Firewalls and network filters, in both Enterprise, Stores, and cloud networks
- Intrusion Prevention policies
- Site-to-site and remote-access VPN connectivity
- Network Access Control
- Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (to include multi-factor authentication)
- Web access proxy servers and URL filtering
- DNS Security
- Threat research, vulnerability remediation, and creation of compensating controls
- Network Security policy creation, exception documentation and approval
- Provide suggestions to team lead/manager in creating your professional development and training plan.
- Prioritize taskings and projects assigned based on importance to accomplishment of business objectives. Occasionally assist junior teammates with maintaining proper prioritization.
- Solve diverse and complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires in-depth evaluation of identifiable factors. Provide escalation support and technical guidance to teammates in areas where you are a SME.
- Work on projects assigned to you, in effort to advance partnership opportunities between Network Security team and other business areas.
- Work with senior engineers to define network security requirements for current and future state end-to-end architectures and platforms to advance security controls and the security posture of the business.
- Assist senior engineers in collaborating with development and engineering teams to prioritize security risks, provide mitigation or remediation recommendations, and implement compensating controls.
- Perform network security architecture and third-party risk management reviews.
- Perform network security platform testing, vulnerability remediation, and operating system hardening to reduce attack surface.
- Assist in performing proof-of-concept testing for network security solutions under consideration for purchase and implementation.
- Assist in developing and maintaining network security policies, standards, processes and workflows.
- Work with senior engineers in identifying network security products and technologies that can enhance 7-Eleven's mission by providing appropriate protection for all data on the network, or sent or received to/from various public or private clouds, or the Internet at large.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Master's preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience with Bachelor's, 3 years with Master's
- Must have: At least one entry-level vendor certification (with non-entry-level preferred) in the Network Security arena (Palo Alto PCNSA/PCNSE preferred, Cisco CCNA/CCNP Security, Juniper JNCIA-SEC/JNCIS-SEC, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Preferred: At least one entry-level vendor-neutral certification in the Information Security arena (GICF, GSEC, CISA, CEH, etc.)
- Experience in CISCO Viptela is highly preferred
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.