The only thing better than eating ice cream.. is making it! Come do both!
Spherion Staffing is hiring Ice Cream Makers to begin work immediately at Dreyer's in Fort Wayne!
Shifts & Pay: PAY INCREASE
Day Shift: 5:00 AM - 5:00 PM - $17/HR
Night Shift: 5:00 PM - 5:00 AM - $17.50/HR
Average 42 hours/week and get half the year off!
Job Purpose Statement:
Ice Cream Makers perform a variety of routine tasks in support of production. Primary function of this position includes material/product handling and providing Production and Quality Assurance support. This position works collaboratively to achieve Dreyer's business objectives of safety, productivity, customer service, quality, and environmental protection.
- Ensure the highest quality product by performing all required procedures, quality checks and documentation to meet specifications.
- Speak directly with co-workers on issues, discuss ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable.
- Continuously improve/optimize current products and processes in our factories according to local business needs and supply situation and/or implementation of initiatives. Develop, approve, maintain, and sustain our products, process standards, and specifications.
- Conduct required quality checks on product.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Working hours: Various Shifts Available
- Adaptable - Adjust approach to match varied task requirements; Adjust behavior to others' styles; Change priorities to meet changing demands; Adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks
- Communication - presents ideas optimally, actively listens and works across functional boundaries.
- Teamwork/ Cooperation - effectively working within and outside the formal line of authority.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; use hands to finger; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and depending on the area assigned may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read and write legibly in English
- Excellent interpersonal communication, math and problem solving skills
- Ability to work multiple shifts and/or schedules.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year related experience (preferred).
Apply Today! Once you apply, call or text 260-496-9900 to reserve your spot!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. No one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.