We have partnered with a Tier 1 automotive manufacturer seeking an experienced Plant Buyer to join their team. The role overview is to support sourcing activities, the implementation of purchasing initiatives for multiple locations and manage activities related to scheduling/procurement of direct & MRO materials.
This is a direct hire opportunity that offers a salary + benefits package.
- Supports the implementation of sourcing strategies, potential supplier development, and cost reduction projects
- Initiates purchase orders and approves material requisitions
- Maintain MRO/PPE/KIOSK catalog
- Work cross-functionally to assist with resolving price/invoice discrepancies
- Participate in plant inventory activities
- Ensure cost-effective and timely purchasing and receipt of materials
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Strategic Sourcing/Commodity experience
- Strong knowledge of Procurement Processes
- Solid understand of Project Management Tools
- MBA preferred
- APICS CPIM certification preferred
- BS in Engineering or Business
- Multi-location manufacturing experience
- 5+ years Supply Chain experience in the automotive industry
- 5+ years SAP experience
Please apply ASAP for immediate consideration!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.