Our manufacturing client is seeking a Plant Buyer in the Columbia, SC area. This is a key role that offers excellent pay and benefits, a strong work-life balance, and the opportunity to support sourcing activities and implement purchasing initiatives across multiple sites.
- Supports the implementation of sourcing strategies, potential supplier development, and cost reduction projects
- Initiates purchase orders and approves material requisitions
- Maintain MRO/PPE/KIOSK catalog
- Work cross-functionally to assist with resolving price/invoice discrepancies
- Participate in plant inventory activities
- Ensure cost-effective and timely purchasing and receipt of materials
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Strategic Sourcing/Commodity experience
- Strong knowledge of Procurement Processes
- Solid understand of Project Management Tools
- Multi-location manufacturing experience
- BS in Engineering or Business
- 5+ years Supply Chain experience in the automotive industry
- 5+ years SAP experience
- Procurement experience with multiple facilities
Please apply with a current resume for immediate consideration!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.