Spherion is hiring 1st Shift Production Team Leaders in Berne, IN.
Starting Salary is $45,000
Support the production department with effective supervision to produce high quality parts in a safe, cost efficient manner. Comply with all company safety, quality and environmental standards.
1. Ensure that all associates are following FCC?s safety requirements at all times. 2. Complete corrective actions for all safety concerns within your department (SCARs)
3. Complete corrective actions for all quality concerns within your department (MNCRs)
4. Promote and ensure conformance to the company?s ISO 14001 procedures (recycling, reducing waste)
5. Promote and ensure conformance to the company?s IATF 16949 procedures (work standards, check sheets, regulations, quality manual)
6. Identify and implement OEE improvements.
7. Identify and implement scrap reductions.
8. Identify and implement cost reductions.
9. Confirm trainee?s performance and provide feedback to the trainee and department management (Initial Evaluation, Annual Evaluations, Performance Reviews)
10. Confirm your department?s cleanliness and organization daily. Confirm implemented improvements using the 5C principle (Clean, clear, create, commit, continue).
11. Confirm all required quality checks are being completed on time by all associates.
12. Confirm work requests includes good detail of the machine issue and the corrective action to resolve the issue.
13. Confirm the daily production schedule (quantities, changeovers, PPAPs) is understood by all department associates and all needed positions have been assigned.
14. Confirm daily shift report sheets for accurate information (Product quantity, down time, scrap)
15. Knowledge of company policies and practices dealing with associate relations (free of discrimination, harassment, violence, drugs, and alcohol).
16. Knowledge and experience of departmental machines, equipment and procedures.
17. Effectively communicate with management, direct supervisor and associates
18. Attend meetings as needed to assist with department continuous improvements and corrective actions.
19. Additional projects assigned by management
Working hours: Various Shifts Available
1. Aluminum Die Cast (high pressure cold chamber casting)
2. Manufacturing environment
3. Trouble shooting/root cause analysis
5. Computer knowledge
Medical , dental, vision, life, 401K) plus tuition reimbursement, PTO, referral program, cell phone discount, gym membership, new vehicle discount, uniforms provided and safety shoe reimbursement
1. High School Diploma or GED - Required
2. Degree in Industrial Technology/related field or equivalent work experience
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.