The Project Buyer is accountable for the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) of suppliers within the Combustion segment. You will be responsible for ensuring that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross-functional network during production and post production phases.
*Please note this is a 1 years contract position*
- Develop, negotiate, and implement strategies resulting in improved supply chain performance, enhanced product quality, innovative technology, and maximum value
- Drive negotiations and executive agreements with suppliers within the Combustion segment
- Contribute to segment business plan & be an active member in the global network of Buyers
- Collaborate with other members of the global supply chain to successfully develop and execute global supply chain and technology strategies
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, and Risk Management targets (QDCFTSR)
- Monitor, identify, and mitigate risks in cooperation with the Supplier Quality & Development (SQ&D) team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics, and financial flows to the suppliers
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Experience in the automotive industry is an advantage
- Well-developed business acumen, agile in way of working
- Desire to work in a collaborative team towards a common purpose
- 4 to 6 years of strategic purchasing experience
- Proven supplier negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field is an advantage
Please send all resumes to email@example.com for further consideration.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.