Spherion Staffing Leesburg is looking for a Purchasing Specialist to join a busy food and supplement manufacturer located in Leesburg, FL.
The schedule is Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and the starting pay rate is $20/hr.
The Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for supplying strategies to maximize cost savings, production scheduling and quality products. They research and identify prospective suppliers, evaluate their offering against key business criteria and the required product specifications, and negotiate purchase agreements.
- Analyze the supply chain to maximize efficiencies; manages material & supplies information & inflows to ensure inventory is maintained at optimal levels to support on time delivery, while keeping inventory levels at appropriate levels and leads product procurement strategies in line with corporate initiatives.
- Establishes & maintains performance metrics for procurement activities -- including supplier performance, supplier quality, fulfillment, delivery costs, terms & conditions, supplier selection / evaluation / de-selection, consignments, safety stock levels, cash flow, etc.
- Reports to management about department performance; analyzes trends & market conditions for present & future pricing, and negotiates & executes purchase orders and vendor contracts to support critical production needs.
- Manages on-going relationships with suppliers; develops vendor / supplier databases & evaluations; and manages material quality and savings in line with budget, government rules & regulations, and other business objectives.
- Resolves receiving issues with the vendor; works on formulations, as needed; researches C of A issues for finished folders; and is responsible for managing & mentoring subordinates involved in material & supplies handling for the department.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Associates' degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a similar field preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with business application software, purchasing, and resource planning systems.
- Minimum 1 year Purchasing
- Minimum 1 year Negotiating
- High school diploma/GED required.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume or call or text our office at 352-728-8787.
1710 Citrus Blvd.
Leesburg, FL 34748
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.