Spherion Mid Ohio’s Professional Division is partnered with a company that has been in the area for 83 years strong. This solid organization is seeking a Purchasing Specialist to join their team! This role is responsible for finding, ordering and pricing the merchandise for the business. The Purchasing Specialist is a critical team member that will keep up with merchandising trends, buy “smart” to obtain the best pricing and timing of delivery, and is key in the profitability of the business.
Hourly pay offered is $17/hr. - $23/hr. based on experience and interview.
**This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity. If selected, DAY ONE you are this companies employee – never go through a temp-to-hire process!!**
The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for:
● Run inventory and purchasing reports
● Order all merchandise
● Identify new products to carry, choose the vendors for those products and add the products to inventory
● Attend trade shows for education of industry trends and the discovery of new products
● Manage back orders from vendors
● Maintain good relationships with vendors
● Track discontinued and deadstock items, replace those items and communicate with staff regarding the timing and reason for the discontinuance and replacement
● Maintain consistent communication with all managers regarding products and pricing
● Manage purchasing within purchasing budget
● Tracking and maintaining of vendor performance and relationships
● Manages special stock requests for customers.
Performance Expectations of Purchasing Specialist:
● Attention to detail
● Effective communication skills
● Enthusiastic, takes initiative and good at follow through
● Is an analytical problem solver
● Team player actively living out the Company’s mission Performance Measurements and Outcomes
● Company is consistently stocked with wanted and needed items to maintain a high level of customer service
● New or re‐ordered products are available when needed in the most efficient method
● All purchasing is within budgeted guidelines