Spherion Staffing & Recruiting is hiring a recruiter to join our Madison, WI team. As a recruiter, you will work as a member of our tenured recruiting team to help identify, evaluate, and onboard candidates for placement with clients. In this position you will also partner closely with clients to develop successful recruitment strategies and to help guide candidates through the recruitment process.
This is a full-time position based out of our Madison, WI office. Our team works on a hybrid model: in office Monday to Wednesday, with the option to be remote Thursday & Friday.
- Partner with clients to determine talent acquisition objectives, write job descriptions, and develop recruitment strategies
- Build relationships with candidates for current and future openings using a variety of sources, e.g., internal databases, internet recruitment databases, community organizations, social media, local networking, and cold outreach
- Conduct interviews with candidates to determine job fit
- Guide candidates through the entire client interview and onboarding process, providing coaching as necessary (and celebrating successes as they occur!)
- Provide frequent communication to clients on the status of candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Perform skills evaluations, background checks, drug screens, and employee verifications
- Partner with employees on assignment to monitor performance and job satisfaction
- Document all communication and activity accurately in internal systems
- Become familiar with relevant industry and employment trends
- Network and promote the organization at community events, e.g., job fairs, professional association events
- Uphold organizational values in all communication and activity
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with different technology systems
- Detail oriented with consistent follow-through
- Resourceful with a can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s degree; or high school degree/GED and 4 years of relevant experience
- Prior recruiting and/or business development experience a plus, but not required
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship
Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA, 401K (including company contribution after 12 months of employment), Parental Leave, Competitive PTO & Holiday Package
About Spherion Madison (DI & Associates, Inc. DBA Spherion):
Respect, passion, integrity, teamwork & collaboration. These values have been at the core of Spherion Madison since we opened our doors over 30 years ago. Locally owned, we are committed to serving the individuals and organizations that comprise the greater Madison community - starting with our internal team members.
Our tenured team is committed to fostering an environment that promotes growth for all associates, and we invest both the time & resources required to do so. We are committed to excellence; however, we don’t take ourselves too seriously and we often come together as an office to celebrate & have fun. It’s our goal to create an organization that individuals enjoy being a part of - whether for an entire career or simply a stop along the way.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.