This position will be responsible for identifying and generating new business through outside sales activities such as cold calls, prospecting, telemarketing, territory planning, and relationship building. The Business Development Representative is accountable for focusing on and generating business through
new sales in primarily medium to large-size accounts (revenue of $250k to $1.5 million). The Business Development Representative will deal most frequently with middle to senior management within the client's organization.
Implement strategies to capture market share; manage sales and delivery of products/services to achieve agreed end result; budget accountability; goals and objectives management; maintain communication with established clients to ensure successful business development
- Develop and implement an effective sales plan to meet or exceed established sales objectives for medium to large-size accounts
- Perform appropriate prospecting and screening activities to identify qualified prospects for new business
- Use the consultative sales strategy to effectively overcome client objections and maximize sales activity within the assigned territory
- Establish and maintain good public relations and networking within the community to develop new business
- Make formal sales presentations and follow-up calls to prospective new business accounts
- Collaborate with internal service staff to ensure that accounts sold are consistent with service resources and candidate pool
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all services offered by Spherion???s Staffing and awareness of the competition i.e. market share, pricing, services offered, etc.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Business development: 1 year (Preferred)
Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
No Degree Required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience managing large, complex accounts or projects
- Experience describing and documenting project or client requirements
- Must be detailed oriented with a concern for quality
-Willingness to travel: 25% (Preferred)
apply on line at spherion.com Lubbock or come into the office 3331 70th st Suite 400
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.