Spherion Jacksonville is looking for a Senior Accountant for their client in Deerwood Park. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the client's financial procedures, records, and statements.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual closing statements and reports, including written premium, losses and income.
- Running periodic financial reports, including monthly and quarterly analytics as assigned, including research of variances.
- Preparation of financial statements and reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly closing process and reporting.
- Respond to audit requests, including IRS, state & local, and insurance departments.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading efforts to complete special projects as requested.
- Directly accountable for the preparation and completion of all supplemental reporting/filings for responsible the client's companies.
- Responsible for cash, account and client reconciliations.
- Maintain/prepare procedure manuals as needed.
- Assist with onboarding of new business, to include setting up reporting and system profiles to capture monthly activity
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Basic understanding of reinsurance concepts
- Basic familiarity of NAIC Annual Statement and quarterly filings
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting preferred)
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
Submit your resume to Donna today!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.