About the job:
The API Developer is part of the Digital Technology Team. They are responsible for design, implementation and on-going enhancements of digital products and enhancing the digital experience. The developer must have a strong and continuously evolving technical mastery of RESTful API development focused on Node.js. This includes hands-on programming, participating in design sessions, code reviews, system testing during various phases of development, follow best industry practices and publish API documentations.
Your areas of expertise include implementing software engineering best practices in design, development, and utilization of APIs in cloud platforms. You have a passion for hands-on coding, putting quality first, delivering an exceptional experience to customers and drive efficiency through the creation of extendable and re-usable service components.
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Design APIs, develop shippable code, documentation, and unit test new features for digital products.
- Works with fellow API Developers, Team Leads, Architects to deliver features through the creation of re-usable RESTful APIs.
- Collaborate with Quality, Product and Cloud Engineering teams to keep digital assets fully functional, secure, and up to date with business needs.
- Perform pair programming, effectively communicate ideas with the team, assist in systems integration, performance testing and product releases
- Implement policies, roles, data access controls, monitoring events, resolve system and data issues for continuous functioning of APIs
- Must have 1 year of experience in AWS cloud platforms (EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, S3), developing micro-services, CI/CD solutions (including Docker), message queue systems and background task management.
- Must have 1 year of experience in developing NoSQL databases, designing data models and proficient in querying document stores (preferably MongoDB).
- Knowledge in API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, OpenAPI, etc.
- Experience working with API Gateway, CDNs, API Performance testing, CI/CD pipelines and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work in an Agile / SCRUM environment.
- Self-directed with a start-up/entrepreneur mindset.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.