We are seeking an experienced remote senior C# Software Engineer to join our Scrum team composed of Software Engineers, QA, UX, Scrum Master and Product Owner. The primary responsibility of this team is to design, build, and release code for system layers that include user interface, back-end API, and database. This role involves migrating a Python codebase to a C# .NET Core Microservice architecture. The ideal candidate is an expert in C# .NET Core microservices and has a working knowledge of Python. Maintaining a transitioning Python codebase will be required.
- Collaborate with other teams and architects to design ideal solutions
- Contribute as an expert software engineer and mentor junior engineers
- Work on prioritized development tasks from team Scrum board
- Automate Unit and Integration tests to prove code satisfies acceptance criteria and is free of defects
- Participate regularly in code reviews
- Assist other developers and QA testers as needed
- Work with other teams to coordinate releases and deal with merge conflicts
- Contribute to ensuring QA work is complete for all items on the Sprint board
- Assume DevOps tasks as needed by working with internal or external IT staff to define hardware requirements, designing optimal deployment strategies, and getting software deployed into target environments as early as possible
- Work on any assigned projects
- 7-10 years of professional software coding experience
- Expert in a variety of Agile development methodologies and practices
- Expert in software architect and development
- Expert in designing and implementing database architectures
- Capable of convincing teams to make changes to improve
- Great attention to detail
- Instinct for team collaboration and adherence to code standardization
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with C#, .NET Core, Python, Django, SQL Server, React and Angular
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with version control system like Git, SVN, etc.
- Experience in microservice and service-oriented architecture
- Experience in message queues and pub/sub patterns
- Knowledge of insurance products and experience with insurance company operations, organization, procedures, and policies
Company perks include a competitive benefits package and a highly competitive salary range. Most importantly, this is a chance to join a talented and fast growing company that truly values each and every employee. Growth opportunities are abundant and professional development is encouraged and supported. Remote opportunities will be considered for the right candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law....