The ideal candidate will have:
- Scripting (BASH, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc.) and building required automation and tools.
Incident Management/Late night Deployment and on call support for production support.
Serving as a hands-on subject matter expert for DevOps and Automation in an AWS infrastructure environment
Leading and contributing to the development, maintenance, and usage of deployment and task automation (OS, database services, virtual networks, or other platform services)
Participating on fast-paced DevOps and SysOps Engineering teams within Scrum agile processes
Working directly with architects and developers to create supportable designs and debug problems
Developing cloud infrastructure designs and implementations and guiding the process from development to operations
Making decisions on problem resolutions in critical down time situations when escalation is impractical
Attending and contributing in technical discussions and working groups with various stakeholders
Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Assist teams with application code and infrastructure-as-code deployments
- Help teams implement and improve their git operations workflows
- Incident Management and On Call and late night deployments for production applications
- Building monitoring Dashboards in ELK and NewRelic
- Manage the portfolio of platforms required to drive a modern continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline
- Work across corporate teams to implement SRE methodologies
- Balance work efforts captured in meetings, trouble tickets and project plans
- Hands-on keyboard' AWS implementation experience across a broad range of AWS services
- Must have in depth AWS development experience (Containerization - Docker,, Lambda, EC2, S3, API, ALB/NLB, PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code
- Hands-on AWS experience with at least 1 implementation (preferred in an Enterprise scale environment)
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- CloudFormation and third-party automation approach/strategy
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python, JSON
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Good knowledge of REST/SOAP/JSON web service API implementation
- Experienced in developing test plan, test cases, baselines, and conducting end-to-end testing
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of cloud computing and strong in AWS
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in troubleshooting and reading complex code using debuggers
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in DevOps or similar roles.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with AWS tools and methodologies.
- 3+ years of development experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience with Mongo, MySQL and NoSQL databases.
- 2+ years on ELK and NewRelic
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.