We are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to aid in the design of tactical small unmanned air systems. We are a multi-disciplinary group with mechanical, electrical, software and systems expertise located in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area.
The candidate should have experience designing circuit boards and wiring harnesses for optimal functional and EMI performance, reliability, and manufacturability. They should be able to apply theory to the design process, troubleshoot, and resolve complex electrical issues. They should be familiar with PCB fabrication techniques. We would prefer they have some experience leading projects and transitioning designs into production. Finally and most importantly they should have a can-do attitude, enjoy challenges, and desire to develop an excellent product.
This is a full time, contract to hire role based onsite in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah area and offers flexible work hours: 4x10 hour days (Mon-Thu), 3 days off per week with flexible start times (must be present from 9a-3p; come in earlier or stay later to work 10 hours per day). Due to industry requirements, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with at least 5 years professional experience; or at least 3 years of professional experience with a Master’s degree
- Thorough understanding of principles of design pertaining to analog and digital circuits and electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Experience with circuit design and PCB layout (Altium preferred)
- Experience with PCB manufacturing process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to assume ownership of tasks and drive to closure quickly and efficiently, and help others to do the same
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Laboratory experience using common engineering tools including oscilloscopes, power supplies, logic analyzers, digital multi-meters, and other support equipment
- Due to industry requirements, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident
- Experience with RF, especially designing, optimizing, or testing antennas
- Experience designing to FCC standards or military standard equivalents
- Experience with configuration management tools
- Experience with development and execution of test plans
- Experience designing with and/or programming microcontrollers
- Familiarity with or experience with sUAS or RC aircraft
- Experience soldering
Call to Action:
Come join a multi-disciplinary engineering team with mechanical, electrical, software and systems expertise. As an electrical engineer you will play an integral part in expanding our portfolio, including developing new products and supporting current products. Comprehensive benefits package includes a very competitive starting salary and flexible work hours: typically4x10 hour days (Mon-Thu), 3 days off per week with flexible start times.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.