The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying programming systems including coding, testing, debugging, and documenting programs for new or existing systems in accordance with project plans and specifications. The engineer is responsible for delivering quality customer service, as well as, incorporating and adhering to requirements defined by our technology standards. In addition, the engineer is responsible for providing accurate and timely completion of technical development and support tasks in accordance with Information Systems standards and methodologies. DevOps Engineers work under the supervision of the Manager, DevOps.
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Develop software tasks in accordance with Information System standards and methodologies
- Possess very deep knowledge about the whole technology stack of the system
- Evolve the architecture to support future requirements and defines its SLAs
- Mentor others to accelerate their career-growth and encourages them to participate
- Challenge the team processes, looking for ways to improve them
- Make an impact on the whole team, not just on specific parts of it
- Respond to any Help Desk tickets relating to Development issues
- Develop reports utilizing various report-writing tools in all applications
- Ensure management awareness of problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding documented targets
- Review outstanding issues on a daily basis to assure that troubleshooting and resolutions are current
- Recognize potential areas where policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion. Submit recommendations as appropriate.
- Participate in relevant information-sharing activities
- Monitor and report on any security violations related to the unwarranted access to corporate data
- Ensure that all problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Help build team spirit by assisting other staff members and promoting a positive workplace
- Maintain awareness of the rapidly changing environment and recommend cost efficient techniques
- Support the mission and direction of our company, both within the Information Services department and throughout the corporation
- Create, maintain, and update disaster recovery procedures when changes in hardware or applications occur
- Ensure all changes comply with change management policies and procedures
- Responsible for reporting to and completing work at assigned times
- Provide technical mentoring to the more junior developers
- Work with end users and other Information Services staff to develop criteria for specific phases of assigned projects,
- and ensure proper testing of all developed solutions
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in major from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience
- In lieu of undergraduate degree, the ratio is 1:1 meaning one year of college equals one year of work experience and vice versa.
- Customarily has at least six or more years of DevOps experience
- 10 years of total work experience out of which at least 6 years as DevOps engineer, with hands on experience building AWS and/or Azure infrastructure.
- Experience in CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Bamboo for automated deployments.
- Experience in source code repositories like Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab etc.
- Experience in JIRA or similar code tagging system
- Expertise in implementing methodologies for Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, High Availability, High Scalability, Monitoring, Logging, Security and Governance.
- Proficient in Administering Linux, and Windows based platforms.
- Hands on Experience in containerization using Docker and deploying the microservices using Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Docker Images and managing Docker hub.
- Experience with Terraform or ARM templates for creation of Infrastructure and good understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles.
- Hands on Experience in launching, configuring, and maintaining AWS or Azure cloud resources.
- Experience in troubleshooting builds & deployments of applications developed in varied technologies from desktop to web and cloud-based applications via Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo, Bitbucket, GitLab etc.
- Strong scripting knowledge using languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, Groovy, etc.
- Must understand complex multi-tiered environments and how they interact and integrate with DevOps Toolsets
- Must have experience in Business Process Improvement, Problem Management/Preventive Maintenance and Analytical & Conceptual Problem Solving
- Experience supporting production enterprise applications.
- Preferred(not mandatory) experience includes:
- AWS or Microsoft Azure Certifications
- Ability to make decisions or solve problems by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- Outstanding customer service skills as well as the ability to deal with people in a manner which shows tact and
- The ability to properly handle sensitive and confidential information (including HIPAA and PHI) in accordance with
- federal and state laws and company policies
- Ability to rapidly learn new software development technologies and environments
- Requires superior teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills a must; ability to read, write, and speak in a professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Possess a personal sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.