This position will provide strategic vision and leadership to optimize all aspects of the production function to ensure the overall business objectives are met. Functions include assembly, machining, and molding operations.
As a global manufacturer located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, this facility offers two world class technical centers and a cutting-edge manufacturing facility for the automotive industry. This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
Benefits include the below for all fulltime employees:
- Day 1 Medical Coverage with potential of no monthly premium
- Onsite Health Clinic for employees and dependents (age 14 and over) at no cost
- Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and Disability Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement Program after 18 months
- Retirement Savings Plan (401k) with a matching program
- Company paid holidays and vacation starting Day 1
- Accountable for safety, talent, delivery, cost, and quality production for assembly, machining, welding, and injection molding functions.
- Planning, design, optimization, and evaluation of existing and future processes as well as their operational implementation in the production areas according to the guidelines of lean management.
- Develops a monthly forecast and annual budget for review with leadership team.
- Talent development within production by providing coaching, direction, and feedback to production team.
- Participates in the review of business proposals, cost estimates, and new product design to maximize the profitability of new products and minimize time required to design and start production.
- Supports broader business needs such as operation reviews, customer visits, presentations, etc.
- Perform other duties as needed
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Recognized expert with ability to convey knowledge to others and provide mentoring
- Business acument, excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of lean manufacturing processes/procedures
- Bachelor's degree in a manufacturing or engineering related field required; MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of autootive manufacturing experience specifically in operations is required. Experience in tier 1 preferred
- Must have a proficiency with Microsoft office software - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
Apply online today or call us directly with inquiries at 828-348-0390
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.