Spherion Staffing and Recruiting, in partnership with Summit Credit Union, is seeking a Senior Universal Banker.
The Senior Universal Banker builds new and enhances existing relationships while utilizing multiple member access points such as in branch, phone, online messaging, and video appointments. In this role, the incumbent will also facilitate meaningful and collaborative interactions with current and prospective members to analyze their current financial situation and future needs. In addition, you will advise members on the value and effective use of a variety of financial solutions, including lending and deposit products, as well as other services, to achieve their financial goals.
- Location: Green Bay, WI
- Fully onsite schedule, Monday- Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Benefits package offered
- Salary will be discussed during the interview process
- Collaborate and advise members on finding the right solutions for their borrowing needs.
- Provide education and consultation to members on loans.
- Accurately and efficiently interview members and input loan applications.
- Perform credit bureau reviews for members.
- Extensive knowledge of all lending products.
- Calculate lending ratios accurately.
- Ensure all lending paperwork is accurately collected and processed
- Provide deposit solutions for members.
- Have knowledge and advise members on all deposit products
- Open savings, checking, certificates, IRAs, and money markets for members.
- Serve as a primary contact for new accounts and work to build relationships with all new members
- Utilize online relationship management tool members.
- Educate and assist members in other services such as debit card, online banking, mobile banking, and online bill pay
- Identify cross-selling opportunities through member interactions.
- Make appropriate referrals based on member needs.
- Maximize partner relationships (personal, mortgage, and business lenders as well as financial advisors) to deepen member relationships.
- Educate members on other products such as Payment Protection and Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
- Build relationships and provide financial education through the use of cooperative values and excellent member service.
- Meet with members and solidify long-term relationships through the use of rapport-building, mentor phrasing, and thoughtful questions.
- Consistently utilize Consultative Communication Skills in all member interactions.
- Identify members’ goals and help them improve their financial lives.
- Actively participate in member inbound/outbound calling activities.
- Serve members via non-branch channels (e.g. contact center, mobile message, video, or chat) as needed.
- Balance the benefit to both the members and the credit union in all interactions.
- Provide excellent member service.
- Provide peer observations and feedback to tellers and universal bankers in their member interactions and referrals to optimize team success.
- Utilize service recovery when applicable.
- Educate members about convenience service options such as online banking, mobile banking, and ATM access.
- Assist members to utilize Personal Teller Machine (PTMs) in the branch.
- Perform account maintenance on existing accounts.
- Conduct teller transactions as needed, fulfilling the needs of members accurately and balancing at the end of each day.
- Assist with other projects and functions as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent degree required
- Ability to attain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number.
- Two years of sales or customer service experience is required, with 1-year of lending experience preferred. Will consider higher education in finance/sales/marketing in lieu of experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of basic business math, including the ability to perform dividend, interest, payoff, equity, and certificate penalty calculations.
- Working knowledge of deposit accounts and loan products.
- Ability to hear, assimilate and solve problems quickly, using a member service approach.
- Ability to adapt to changing job responsibilities quickly and effectively.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers throughout the day.
- Ability to occasionally handle items weighing up to 40 lbs.
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.