Spherion Staffing is seeking a Senior Vice President of Accounting and Finance for a local client here in Sioux Falls. The Senior Vice President of Accounting and Finance is responsible for leading the bank's financial reporting and accounting areas and overseeing all systems for a multi-billion mortgage origination operation, lending programs, and national consumer lending program. Qualified applicants must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred and at least 15 years of experience in the financial function of a company.
Salary: $150k-275k DOE
- Manage reporting and operations of 20+ bank loan participation syndicate and prepare the bank for securitization issuance when the market opens
- Manage reporting and accounting operations for multiple counterparties and correspondent institutions
- Responsible for regulatory financial reporting for the bank and holding company and lead on the banks outside audit
- Empowered to recruit and staff the accounting team as appropriate
- Reports to the board of Directors on financial matters
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regards to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the bank's plan for growth and expansion
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss forecast versus budget
- Oversees all transactions and aspects of accounting operation related to general ledger, payables, and receivables
Working hours: Various Shifts Available
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant status highly desired
- At least fifteen years of experience in the financial function of a company required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of financial and legal best practices and requirements with a proven ability to provide sound and ethical financial counsel to executive leadership
- Thorough understanding of and personal involvement with systems and methodologies of accounting and finance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
To be considered, please apply online at www.spherion.com/apply or if you have questions you can reach out to Troy at 605-335-6010
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.