The SRE RunOps and Monitoring team is looking for an individual(s) that can join the team and have an immediate impact. We are using many cutting-edge processes and we need someone to join the team that is willing and eager to learn and reach for knowledge. As an SRE team member you will be front line for all issues related to the platform and its connected devices. This role will afford you the ability to learn about IoT and serverless technology stacks and really broaden your expertise into a new fledgling but growing area. As an SRE you will interface with all the other technical teams and works closely to troubleshoot issues that arise. Clear, concise verbal and written communication is absolutely key to the success of this role.
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
- Handle incoming tickets for supporting our stores
- Work in a fast past 24x7 role that requires rotating oncall rotations
- Monitor our dashboards, reports and alerts to ensure the highest availability.
- Work closely with other SRE members to improve our observability and SRE Maturity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience 5+ years of experience supporting complex distributed systems
- 3+ years of experience in managing/supporting public cloud-based infrastructure (AWS or Azure)
- 3+ years of experience with running and/or managing large infrastructure services with multiple availability regions Public Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Work cross-functionally with the various teams in the organization and help establish SLOs and then help teams consistently achieve those SLOs.
- Working experience with IoT devices, and Microsoft Intune.
- Experience with RCA's, Monitoring and Alarming in all environments and familiar with tools like Mongo Charts, New Relic, Cloudwatch, Service Now.
- Experience participating in Scrum/Kanban, AGILE workflow technologies and using JIRA, Confluence and OneDrive.
- Retail SRE Operations experiencing managing in store devices and IOT.
- Experience using Postman
- Experience managing IOT devices in Microsoft Intunes
- 2+ years DevOps experience
- Experience implementing and evangelizing the principles of the Google SRE handbook
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.