SMT Production Line Lead
12 hrs. Shift Friday- Sunday
The SMT Lead facilitates the completion of the day-to-day activities supporting the PCBA production line including 2nd shift guidance, PM's, cleaning, equipment set-up, equipment operation, programming/debug, and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
-Plans and establishes work schedules, assignments, and production plans for 2nd shift team members to meet production goals.
-Set-up and operate SMT production line (Stencil, P&P, oven, etc.).
- Identifies areas/projects where process improvement can significantly improve efficiency, quality, profitability, and customer satisfaction; leads Kaizen events.
- Implements and maintains Lean practices to include: 5S, Waste Elimination, Built in Quality, Continuous Improvement (Kaizens), Kanbans, and JIT; creates an organized and efficient work environment.
- Maintains safe working environment, utilizes safe working methods, and works efficiently.
- Monitors workmanship of self and team to ensure Product specifications are achieved.
- Manages all required documentation that accompanies work assignments (including job travelers /data packages.); completes all daily reports and required Epicor transactions.
- Program and debug Pick & Place equipment.
- Perform daily PM?s on equipment (including cleaning).
- Monitors hourly and daily performance of production equipment and team members; develops and implements improvements to optimize process efficiency.
- Test, program, inspect, and troubleshoot PCBA?s.
- Performs troubleshooting and repair of Production and Engineering equipment.
- Assists in maintaining calibration of testing/inspection equipment.
- Supports process and equipment continuous improvement activities.
- Works in a safe manner and addresses unsafe conditions.
- Perform all duties assigned by Supervisor; OT and weekend work as necessary to support Manufacturing Operations.
Working hours: 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM
Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office required.
Experience with a variety of PCBA production equipment (Stencil printer, Pick & Place, wave solder, X-Ray, AOI, etc.)
Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
Good analytical skills and problem solving.
Very detail-oriented, accurate and organized.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Able to work independently (with limited guidance) and as part of a team.
Confidentiality and time management.
Operate electric table saws, drill presses, sanders, electric meters, and other various machines in the tool shop; basic machining, welding, and/or fabrication skills are a plus.
Use basic hand tools and battery-operated tools.
Maintain and repair small tools and equipment.
Education: High school or trade school diploma.
Experience: minimum 2 -4 years related experience.
If you have what we are looking for, apply today at https://www.spherion.com/apply/melbourne/ MUST INCLUDE RESUME WITH AT LEAST LAST 7 YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.