Looking for seasoned Sr. Android engineers to be a part of an amazing transformation in how we operate our stores and become part of our Mobile Checkout Team. You're joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of customers experience every day. You will be actively participating in designing, developing, testing and deploying code to drive our digital products.
Location: Dallas, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
In this role, you will design, build, and support the mobile checkout features in Android app. You should be able to navigate and suggest improvements on application from an architectural stand point. At the same time, keep security in forefront of all decision making. You will be working with a dynamic and collaborative team that integrates a wide array of technologies into a cohesive IT Solution that enables our business to provide more value to our customers & franchisees and also drive down costs.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree
- Atleast 5 years of Android Development Experience.
- Experience in designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating and cross functional environment
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app in the app store
- Experience developing apps that interact with Web Services (REST, JSON)
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of design patterns
- Proficient in Kotlin, Android Jetpack components xml and software development tools - Git, Jira.
- Strong understanding of core android fundamentals - activities, views, intents, services, fragments, Android Manifest, android lifecycle events
- Experience working with libraries like Retrofit, OkHttp, web services, firebase, and other common libs and concepts
- Knowledge of working in an Agile development environment. Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
- Experience developing location-based services with MapKit, Google Maps or similar framework
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Experience owning and leading major components in partnership with Architects and Technology leaders
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.