The Fuels engineering team supports the Fuels Pricing Team and they have analysts that price fuel for each of our stores. We are using Spring Boot Java for API and Microservices development to provide services for our Fuel Pricing Team, so they can push fuel prices from our Store Support Center to the Price Sign at the store in near real time.
Location: Irving, Texas
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5,9 to 6
- Design, develop, test and maintain small to medium code modules.
- Adhere and excel in engineering processes including code reviews, test automation and documentation.
- Effectively communicate with other engineer and tech leads and clearly articulate problem statements and solutions.
- Candidate should be self-driven, proactive (someone that can take an initiative and drive to get tasks and does not need daily directions) and should act with urgency.
- Hands-on development skills and usage of key technologies
- Strong skill set with 3 plus years of experience with ReactJS
- Strong skill set with 3 - 5 years of experience in Spring Boot Java API and Microservice development
- Understanding of BI tools such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Azure Cloud Services (AKS, Azure Storage)
- Experience with automated unit, integration and end-to-end testing
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- 3 - 5 years working with microservices architecture using Java Spring and Kafka
- Experience with incident and problem management supporting microservices environment and monitoring tools (i.e. New Relic, Grafana)
- Solid understanding of Agile/Scrum Framework
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to demonstrate solution design and development skill set with past experiences with previous projects
- Must be a well-rounded full stack developer as the resource will be required to support both our back-end services and front-end UI
- Must have the ability to take the initiative and ownership towards solution development. Primarily able to operate independently, with minimal supervision/direction, to take business ask, clarify details necessary with PO and navigate the solutioning to completion (Designà DevelopàDeploy).
- Candidate should be self-driven, proactive (someone that can take an initiative and drive to get tasks and does not need daily directions) and should act with urgency
Nice to have skill set include:
· UX Design Skills, React Native, Angular
· Design thinking
- Nice to have Retail or Fuels experience
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.