Spherion Staffing & Recruiting, through a continued partnership with a local, well-established food and beverage manufacturer in the Polk County area, is currently sourcing for a direct hire Staff Accountant to fill a recent vacancy in their Accounting Department. The ideal candidate would be well versed in the accounting practices within a manufacturing environment, food and beverage preferred, and working with other departments to ensure accurate financial reporting for the plant.
1. Supports the Accounting Manager in all general accounting related duties including: financial reporting and analysis, balance sheet account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, fixed asset accounting.
2. Prepares journal entries and supports an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close process.
3. Prepares schedules and account analysis to support annual audit process and assists in preparing annual tax schedules.
4. Assist the Accounting Manager in daily banking activities.
5. Provide financial analysis and tracking of all capital expenditures and other special projects as necessary.
6. Supports budgeting and forecasting activities including departmental reporting and variance analysis.
7. Support and collaborate with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff and support overall department goals and objectives.
8. Assists Accounting Manager in responding to inquiries from finance managers and company leadership regarding financial analysis and any special reporting requests.
9. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Accounting Manager or Director of Accounting.
Working hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred
Continuing education towards CPA or CMA certification is a plus but not required.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting from a four-year college or university, or applicable years of experience.
A least 3 years of related accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing company. Food and Beverage experience is a plus.
Must have general accounting experience plus previous payroll processing experience is required.
Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics or other large ERP accounting system a plus. Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines is required
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Do you have strong accounting knowledge and training within a manufacturing environment? Are you for new opportunities and/or looking to further your career? Please apply with an updated resume for immediate consideration by a member of our Professional Recruiting team!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temp-to-perm or direct hire opportunities, no one works harder for you than Spherion.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Spherion, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact Callcenter@spherion.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Spherion offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, and an incentive and recognition program (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Spherion's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Spherion representative for more information.